- All coaches and volunteer helpers who have access to children and young people need to complete an FAW enhanced DBS check.
- Coaches must hold a current football leaders award (or higher award) and a completed DBS check.
- In addition, there must be a person at games and training sessions who has completed a first aid awareness course (or higher award).
A first aid kit must be available at ALL games and training sessions.
All applications for DBS checks must be done through the Club Welfare Officer. It takes a number of months for the DBS to checks to be carried out, so new coaches and volunteers need to act early.
- A disclosure notice containing a DBS number is issued after all checks are successfully completed.
- The FAW will then issue approval and provide an FAW number and then an FAW welfare card to theindividual.
- All individuals are required to provide two passport size photographs for the provision of the FAW Safeguarding Scheme card.
- The DBS needs to be renewed every 3 years